Monthly Archives: March 2009
|30 March 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Quick tip. Ever wonder how to save a website/webpage to a PDF file? You might have several reasons to save a web page to PDF, for example, you need to print the page, but you don’t have access to a printer on that moment, so by saving the web page to a PDF file, you can print it later, or you just simply want to save the useful article so you can read it afterward. One of the simplest method to save a webpage to PDF is by using a PDF virtual printer.
There are lots of application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format. For this purpose, I highly recommend you to use PDFCreator. PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application. PDFCreator allows you to create PDF documents from any program that is able to print, including web browsers. PDFCreator is free and open source.
1. First, you need to download and install PDFCreator. You can install PDFCreator using its default options.
2. After you’ve installed PDFCreator, you need to run PDFCreator application first (Go to Start Menu > All Programs > PDFCreator > PDFCreator).
3. Open the webpage that you want to save to PDF in your favourite web browser. On you web browser, click File > Print. Choose ‘PDFCreator’ (1) as the printer to print.
4. A dialog from PDFCreator will appeared. Click ‘Save’ (2) to save the web page to PDF. Choose the location where you want to store the PDF file.
|20 March 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
uTorrent is one of the popular bittorrent client. The best feature of uTorrent is it is a very small bittorrent client but contains most of the features in other bittorrent client. One of the best feature is WebUI (web-based user interface). In this post, you will find out on how to set up your uTorrent installation to enable the WebUI interface and let you control your uTorrent via web browser from anywhere. This feature is very useful if you need to control your uTorrent when you’re not at home, or control your uTorrent if you don’t like to use Windows’s Remote Desktop Connection or VNC for your server.
Setting Up uTorrent WebUI
1. In this post, I will use the latest uTorrent 1.9 alpha 14659 and uTorrent WebUI v0.361. You can download the uTorrent 1.9 alpha here and WebUI here. Please take note that the alpha (and beta) version of uTorrent is not suitable for general use and may contains instability issues. You can always use the stable version of uTorrent.
2. Download and install uTorrent. Download uTorrent WebUI. Your WebUI file name will be something like webui.<numbers>.zip. Rename the WebUI file to webui.zip.
|3 March 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
In my previous post, Thunder BitTorrent Client is one of the bittorrent client that can be used to bypass TMNet traffic shaping. Thunder/Xunlei is actually a download manager and it supports downloads from download manager with support for HTTP, FTP, MMS, RTSP, bittorrent, and EMULE. The main reason for me (and I’m sure most of us) use Thunder is for bittorrent download. After playing with the configuration, below is my personal best configuration for Thunder/Xunlei to optimize the download speed. You can use it if you want, and feel free to tweak it according to your needs. I use this setting and it works perfectly with Thunder Portable and Thunder Mod by HeHeHunter. If you want to follow my configuration, you can use the default value for the part I did not mention.
a. Run Thunder and navigates to Tools > Options.
|2 March 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Quick tip. Usually, an USB pen drive came with FAT/FAT32 formatted. You tried to reformat the your pen drive to NTFS, but there is no option available to select NTFS as the file system. By default, an USB pen drive is optimized for quick removal. Quick removal optimization will allows you to remove the pen drive without using the safe removal icon, but Windows won’t allow you to format the pen drive to NTFS file system if it is optimized for quick removal. In order to let Windows allows you to format the pen drive to NTFS, you need to change the write caching and safe removal policies for your pendrive. Here are the steps to change your pen drive caching and safe removal policies:
1. Open My Computer, right click on your pen drive icon and choose Properties. Navigates to Hardware tab. Click on the name (and brand) of your pen drive (1). To make it easy, make sure you only attach one pen drive. Click ‘Properties’ (2).
2. In the Properties dialog, navigates to ‘Policies’ tab (3). Choose ‘Optimize for Performance’ (4).