Copying File Faster and More Secure With Teracopy
|1 April 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
With Teracopy, you can made file copying process faster and more secure. Teracopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, also providing you with a lot of features.
* Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
* Pause and resume transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
* Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
* Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
* Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
Here are the results from the test I done on my Windows Vista machine. In this test, a 603MB folder with 35 files (mp3 and video) are copied to a thumbdrive from hard drive, and copied back to hard drive from thumbdrive.
From the results above, copying with Teracopy is much more faster. Besides, when error occurs, Teracopy will try to copy the file 5 times before it skips the file, and Teracopy does not terminate the entire transfer. You will get the list of problematic files and let you fix the transfer later.