Downloading Media (Video/Audio) From Websites Easily, From Any Browser
|2 November 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
You are browsing YouTube and you’ve found nice video. You want to save the video so you can view it offline. In my previous post, I’ve shown you one method on how to download flash video from websites using Mozilla Firefox and DownloadHelper. In this post, I will show you how to download most of the media (audio and video) from any websites, using any of your favourite web browser.
What you need is, Grab++. Grab++ is a small utility that will help you to capture audio and video files from most of all websites, and enables you to download them. Grab++ is integrated with OrbitDownloader, and it is free. Grab++ works by sniffing files that being downloaded by your browser for media. Below, I will show you how to download a video from Youtube with Opera, using Grab++.
1. Download and install OrbitDownloader. Run OrbirDownloader, go to Tools > Grab++ (1) to run Grab++.
2. In Grab++ window, go to Action > Preferences (2). Go to Monitoring (3) tab, and choose the browser that you want Grab++ to capture the media. In this case, I will choose Opera. If your browser isn’t listed, you can browse for the .exe file of your browser (4). Click OK to save the configuration. Don’t close Grab++ yet.
3. Open your browser. Go to the page of the media that you want to download. If you are downloading from YouTube, and the video is available in high quality, I recommend you choose the high quality version (5). Let the video play in your browser.
4. Go to Grab++. Click the Video (6) tab. As we can see, there are 2 video, 1 video have a bigger size, which is the high quality YouTube video. Right click the video, and choose Download (7). Choose the folder where you want to save the downloaded video (8), and click OK (9) to begin the download. OrbitDownloader will download the video.
5. If there are too many videos on the list, you can clear all the list in Grab++ (go to Action > Clear All List) and refresh the video page in your browser. There are sites that support resuming when you are downloading the video. OrbitDownloader will detect this automatically and download the video using multiple connection to accelerate the download.
Grab++ can also captures other streaming media files such as mp3 and wmv. Grab++ is bundled with OrbitDownloader, which is a free download manager for Windows.