How to Easily Download YouTube Videos
|28 January 2011||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
In my previous post, I have written 2 posts on how to download video from YouTube using Grab++ and YouTube Downloader. In this post, I will share another way to download videos from YouTube easily, so simple with only few steps involved.
JDownloader is a powerful download manager which simplifies downloading process especially from one-click hosting sites such as Hotfile.com and Rapidshare.com. While JDownloader is mainly for downloading from one-click hosting sites, JDownloader also supports downloading videos from popular video hosting sites like YouTube.com and MegaVideo.com. So in this post I will focus on that.
JDownloader will automatically capture and analyze any URL that you copied. JDownloader will then display all download links that it is able to download. JDownloader is able to download videos from YouTube including the high definition one.
How to Download YouTube Videos Using JDownloader
1. Install and run JDownloader. Make sure the JDownloader is running.
2. Find the YouTube video that you want to download using your web browser.
3. Copy the URL of the YouTube video. JDownloader will automatically capture and analyze the URL that you copied just now. You might need to wait for a while till JDownloader finished analyzing the URL.
4. As you can see in the image below, JDownloader will list all available download links for the YouTube video. If a HD version is available (> 720p) it will also be listed. For example, (1) is the 720p version of the video weighed about 76.16MB, and it is in .mp4 format (H.264 for video, AAC for audio). (2) is the 480p version of the video in .flv format.
5. Select the video that you want to download from the list. Right click it and select ‘Continue with selected link(s)’ (3) to start downloading the video.
6. You need to accept the YouTube’s TOS first before you can continue. This message will only showed once for each file/video hosting site.
7. Just wait patiently while JDownloader download your video.
8. After the download finished, right click the video on the list and choose ‘Open Directory’ (4) to go to the folder where the downloaded video is saved.
JDownloader has built in autoupdate to help you to keep up to date with the latest version of JDownloader and its modules. JDownloader is free and open source. JDownloader is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS and other operating system with at least Java 1.5.