Posts Tagged by Encode
|20 May 2010||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Since I don’t do much video encoding for mobile devices, I have to admit that I am comfortable to use a simple video encoding tool that just works to do the job easily without much hassle. If you are looking for an all in one video/audio converter software, especially to encode video for mobile devices playback, XMedia Recode might be the software for you.
Basically, XMedia Recode is a GUI for FFmpeg, an open source complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. XMedia Recode can encode and decode major video/audio containers and codecs such as 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, AMR, ASF, AVI, FLAC, FLV,H.261, H.263, H.264, M4A, M1V, M2V, M4V, Matroska(MKV), MMF, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, TS, TRP, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4V, MOV,QT, OGG, PSP, SWF, VOB, WAV, WMA and WMV. XMedia Recode can also use unprotected DVD as the video source.
What makes XMedia Recode really great to encode video for mobile devices is the built in presets setting, and there are a lot of them. As for version 184.108.40.206, there are more than 530 built in presets.
|22 November 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
This is a follow up post for Converting Video Files to AMV/MTV Format. In the previous post, I have showed you the way on how to convert video files to AMV/MTV format with MediaCoder MPx Edition to be played on Chinese MP3/MP4/MTV Players, particularly the S1 MP3 Players. The players are available in different other brand names and in a variety of case designs. However, MediaCoder MPx Edition interface seems to be too technical for non-advance users. In this post I will show you how to convert video files to AMV format using MPxConverter.
1. Download and extract MPxConverter. Fire up the application.
2. Click Add (1). Select the input video files (2) that you want to convert to AMV. You can select multiple files. Select the output folder (3) to store the converted AMV videos. I recommend you use there settings for AMV conversion:
(4) Player type: Actions (AMV) (make sure you select AMV!)
(5) FPS: 10 (frame rate per second, usually S1 MP3 Players cannot play AMV files with high frame rate, but feel free to experiment with higher frame rate though)
(6) Resolution: This depends on the screen size of your player. Try to use 160×120.
(7) Aspect ratio: Preserve
(8) Video quality: Best (bigger file size). If your player cannot play file with this quality, try to set this value to medium quality.
|3 June 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
This method will allow you to convert .flv video (flash) to mp3. In fact, this method can be use to convert almost any video (avi, wmv, mpg, rm, mp4, mkv, etc) to mp3. We will do it the easy, free and open source way.
|10 April 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
AMV format is the most common video format used by ‘MP4 Players’ from China. According to Wikipedia, AMV (also known as MTV) is a proprietary video file format, produced for use in Chinese MP3/MP4/MTV Players, particularly the S1 MP3 Players. Note that despite the word “MP4″ in the marketing description of several such players, this is not an MP4 or Moving Picture Experts Group file format.