Posts Tagged by Tutorial
|1 May 2011||Posted by whiztech under Tips|
Sometimes you might think it is easier to pin a document or file that you always work on, for example, your to-do list, to your Windows 7 taskbar for quick access. If you ever tried that the usual way, you probably ended up pinning the program that associated with the document file. Here’s how you can pin documents or file directly to your Windows 7 taskbar.
1. Find the full path for your document/file. In this test, I will use “C:\Users\User\Desktop\todo.txt” as the example.
Note: You can find the path for your document/file by right clicking the file > “Properties”. “C:\Users\User\Desktop” (1) will be the location where the file is, and “todo.txt” (2) is the filename. So, the full path for the file will be (1) + (2), “C:\Users\User\Desktop\todo.txt”.
2. Next, find the full path for the program that associated with the file (the program that you use to open the document/file). In this example, I will use Notepad++, and the full path for Notepad++ on my system is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe”.
Note 1: Here’s how you can easily find the full path for the program. Go to Start Menu > All Programs and find the program that you use to open the document/file. Right click it, and choose “Properties” (3). Click the “Shortcut” (4) tab. The “Target” (5) will be the full path for the program.
Note 2: Sometimes, the “Target” will not display the full path for the program, for example, Microsoft Word. In this case, you will need to manually find the path for the program’s .exe file. Usually it is in the “C:\Program Files” folder. Look for the folder with name of the program or the manufacturer of the program. You should be able to find the .exe file for your program.
3. Right click on your desktop and choose New > Shortcut. The location of the item that you will need to enter is “full path of the program in step 2” + “full path of the file in step 1”. So, my path will be:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe” “C:\Users\User\Desktop\todo.txt”
Note: You will need to enclose both the full path of the program and the full path of the document/file in quotes ” “.
Press “Next” (6).
4. Give a name for the shortcut (7). This name will be appearing when you hover over your pinned taskbar icon. Press “Finish” (8).
5. Next, right click the newly created shortcut on your desktop and press “Pin to Taskbar” (9). DONE! The shortcut directly to your document/file is pinned on your taskbar.
Extra: You can change the icon for the shortcut by right click the shortcut icon on the taskbar (10), right click on the name of the shortcut (11) and choose properties (12). In “Shortcut” (13) tab, click “Change Icon” (14).
|28 January 2011||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
In my previous post, I have written 2 posts on how to download video from YouTube using Grab++ and YouTube Downloader. In this post, I will share another way to download videos from YouTube easily, so simple with only few steps involved.
JDownloader is a powerful download manager which simplifies downloading process especially from one-click hosting sites such as Hotfile.com and Rapidshare.com. While JDownloader is mainly for downloading from one-click hosting sites, JDownloader also supports downloading videos from popular video hosting sites like YouTube.com and MegaVideo.com. So in this post I will focus on that.
JDownloader will automatically capture and analyze any URL that you copied. JDownloader will then display all download links that it is able to download. JDownloader is able to download videos from YouTube including the high definition one.
How to Download YouTube Videos Using JDownloader
1. Install and run JDownloader. Make sure the JDownloader is running.
2. Find the YouTube video that you want to download using your web browser.
3. Copy the URL of the YouTube video. JDownloader will automatically capture and analyze the URL that you copied just now. You might need to wait for a while till JDownloader finished analyzing the URL.
|28 November 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
While you can manually visit a bittorrent site to download the latest episode of a TV show, modern bittorrent client with built-in RSS feed reader allows you to automate the download process of your favourite TV shows as soon as the latest episode is available. In this post, you will find the step by step guide on how to automatically download the latest episodes of TV shows as soon as they are available on bittorrent network using uTorrent.
Note: Downloading TV shows can be illegal in some countries. If so, consider moving to another country, download share friendly shows only, or collect the torrents just for fun. Make sure you’ve checked before you proceed.
One of the best bittorrent sources to download TV shows is EZTV. RSS feed for TV shows available on EZTV is available at EZRSS. This guide should works with latest uTorrent. The uTorrent version that I use in this guide is uTorrent 2.0 beta.
1. First of all, you will need to find the RSS feed for the TV show that you want to download. In this guide, I will take ‘Top Gear’ as the example. To find the RSS feed for ‘Top Gear’, go to EZRSS website and look for ‘Top Gear’  in the shows list. Click on ‘Top Gear’ and you will be redirected to the ‘Top Gear’ episode list.
2. Next, we will add the RSS feed URL for ‘Top Gear’ in uTorrent.
|3 October 2009||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Recently, 3 of my friends asked me how to burn a DVD image (the ISO file) to a DVD. Basically, a CD/DVD image (ISO) file is a archive file just like 7z, RAR or ZIP. Unlike normal archive file, a CD/DVD image file sometime contains boot code and it is usually a complete sector-by-sector copy of a CD/DVD.
In this post, you will find out how to properly burn a CD/DVD image. I will use the Ubuntu 9.04 CD image as the example. Latest disk burning software should support ISO burning to disk. The keywords to burn ISO file to disk usually sounds like ‘Write image file to disk’, ‘Burn ISO image’ or ‘Burn image’. You can use your favourite CD/DVD burning application as long as it supports burning from CD/DVD image. In this post, I will use CDBurnerXP, a free CD/DVD burning application for Windows.
|25 December 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network such as the Internet or local area network. By creating a FTP server, you can easily share files on your system with your friends and allows them to upload files to your system too. In this post, I will show you on how to create a FTP server on Windows and creating a hostname for your IP, which is easier to remember especially if you are using dynamic IP address.
Set Up the FTP Server
1. In this post, I will use the FileZilla FTP server. FileZilla Server is a free and open source FTP server for Windows. Download and run the FileZilla Server installer.
2. Installing FileZilla Server
2a. Select ‘I Agree‘ (1) to move to the next screen.
2b. Select the options that you want to install. We don’t need to install the source code, so unselect it. Press ‘Next‘ (2) to proceed to the next screen.
|19 December 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Drupal 6.x don’t have a ‘What You See is What You Get’ (WYSIWYG) feature by default. There are a few WYSIWYG module available for Drupal 6.x, for example FCKEditor, TinyMCE, widgEditor, WYMeditor and Wysiwyg API.. I’ve tried most of these modules but somehow none of them work on my blog. Maybe the problem is caused by other installed modules or the browser that I use (Opera), but I’m not very sure.
I try again with Wysiwyg API. Wysiwyg API supports many editors such as TinyMCE, jWYSIWYG, nicEdit, FCKeditor and Whizzywig, but again, none of these editor work with my blog. Either I get error from Drupal or the editor didn’t show in my browser. jWYSIWYG however cannot be installed since the Wysiwyg API module shows that it doesn’t support jWYSIWYG 0.4. Then I tested with jWYSIWYG 0.3 and 0.2, but Wysiwyg API module still gives the ‘not supported’ error. Since jWYSIWYG is a very lightweight editor (101KB only including images), I’ve decided to hack the Wysiwyg API module. It is pretty easy actually.
Note: In this post, I will use Wysiwyg API 6.x 0.5 and jWYSIWYG 0.4. I will not responsible if this method renders your site unfunctional, but so far it works for me =)
2. Extract the content of Wysiwyg API. You should have a wysiwyg folder created. Open the wysiwyg folder.
|2 November 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
You are browsing YouTube and you’ve found nice video. You want to save the video so you can view it offline. In my previous post, I’ve shown you one method on how to download flash video from websites using Mozilla Firefox and DownloadHelper. In this post, I will show you how to download most of the media (audio and video) from any websites, using any of your favourite web browser.
What you need is, Grab++. Grab++ is a small utility that will help you to capture audio and video files from most of all websites, and enables you to download them. Grab++ is integrated with OrbitDownloader, and it is free. Grab++ works by sniffing files that being downloaded by your browser for media. Below, I will show you how to download a video from Youtube with Opera, using Grab++.
1. Download and install OrbitDownloader. Run OrbirDownloader, go to Tools > Grab++ (1) to run Grab++.
2. In Grab++ window, go to Action > Preferences (2). Go to Monitoring (3) tab, and choose the browser that you want Grab++ to capture the media. In this case, I will choose Opera. If your browser isn’t listed, you can browse for the .exe file of your browser (4). Click OK to save the configuration. Don’t close Grab++ yet.
|2 October 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
DriverPacks is a collection of hardware and device drivers, and this bundled drivers is very suitable those who are too lazy to search for drivers everytime you re-install Windows or if you just simply forgot to backup all your hardware drivers.
DriverPacks is an open source project, mainly to create a ‘uniform’ Windows installation CD that works with every hardware without having to look for the drivers. The latest DriverPacks slipstream tool, DriverPacks BASE 8.09 RC 1 support the creation of stand alone drivers location, without the need to have a source OS. Currently, there are 10 DriverPacks available:
|30 September 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
I’ve been using Drupal for almost a year and I find it very easy to customize and configure. In fact, Drupal is my second blogging platform after Blogger. The Drupal development and community is very active. In this post I will show you how to easily integrate Google’s ‘Adsense for Search’ into Drupal 6 so that the search result can be shown and contained on your Drupal site.
1. Download and install ‘Google Custom Search Engine’ module for Drupal 6 to your Drupal installation. If you don’t know how to install a Drupal module, extract and upload the content of google_cse-6.x-x.x.tar.gz to the sites/all/modules directory of your Drupal installation. Make sure the folder google_cse exists after you upload the files (1).
|4 September 2008||Posted by whiztech under Uncategorized|
Accessing Wikipedia while you offline or don’t have internet access is made easy by WikiTaxi. WikiTaxi enables you to read, search and browse Wikipedia offline. In this post, I will show you how to set up WikiTaxi so you can access Wikipedia while you’re offline.